I’m sure you already know by now, but Nordstrom is having their biggest sale of the year this week! This is one of my favorite sales because I can get great basic pieces that last for years and get them all at major discount! I love getting denim during this sale and staple shoes for fall!! Also, now is the time to stock up on basic spring pieces that won’t go out of style, undergarments, beauty products, and brand new fall pieces! With a sale like this it’s smart to have some sort of a plan… So I’ve compiled years of knowledge for you RIGHT HERE. Lets jump right in!
- July 11- Early Access for Level 4 Nordstrom Cardholders
- July 12-19- Early Access for all Nordstrom Cardholders. (Pro tip: A TON of items sell out during this first week of the sale and there typically aren’t many restocks. TRUST ME. I get to see the behind the scenes madness from Lauren James sales during the first couple days and I can only imagine how crazy the Nordstrom sale is with prices this good!! If you don’t already have a Nordstrom Credit Card, you can sign up here!
- July 20-August 5- Nordstrom Sale open to the public! Yay!
1. First thing’s first. Go through your closet and make a list of everything you already have. If there are items you know you need for the upcoming cold weather season, make a list and add those items to the top. After you have you list, I suggest browsing through the Catalog early! There are way WAY more items on sale than just the ones listed in this catalog, but it’s a great start! It’s also important to give yourself a budget. Start from the top of your list and find things you love that are highest priority for you AND within your budget.
2. It’s a massive sale. Nordstrom can be an overwhelming place to shop any day of the week, but the Anniversary Sale has thousands of items on sale. It’s a lot to sort through- especially if you only shop at Nordstrom a few times a year.
3. The best stuff sells out quickly. (Hopefully not so much this year!) The very best deals or hottest items always sell out during the Early Access period. Last year it was crazy how fast things sold out. They said they would have restocks but honestly I didn’t notice many at all! I’ll make sure to let yall know if there are any good restocks that I find this year!
4. Just do it. Take advantage of Early Access by getting the Nordstrom card. Early Access is only for Nordstrom cardholders. Which I know turns some people off- it’s another cc- I get it! But even if you only shop this sale every year, it’s worth getting the card. You get access a full week early, you can order the items you want, and you earn points with your card that go toward Nordstrom cash later. Bonus- you get a $40 Nordstrom note just for signing up!
5. Free shipping, both ways. Nordstrom offers shipping both ways! Buy what you think you will like and take the time to try it on at home. I usually over order and I’m always glad I did because I end up keeping things I wasn’t sure about online and returning things I thought I would love.
6. Don’t be afraid to buy multiple sizes. Because the best items sell out so quickly, if you choose the wrong size you might not be able to exchange it. Free return shipping makes it a no-brainer. Just buy two and send back the one that doesn’t fit!
7. Look at investment pieces. This is the sale to look at investing and splurging on things like designer denim, leather bags, leather boots and staple sweaters. Investment worthy items are on sale during the Anniversary Sale and I always pay close attention to those. My favorite $200 jeans always go on sale and they are WORTH grabbing at 40-50% off!
8. Replace your staples. This is a great sale to take advantage of replacing your denim, ankle boots, workout shoes, bras, underwear, robes, and even basic tees. There is always a little bit of everything on sale along with the new fall items.
9. Don’t forget beauty products. Maybe it’s because I’m getting older and need more help in the makeup department.. haha but I am a firm believer in investing in good quality makeup. I do believe you get what you pay for! So now is the time to take advantage of the makeup sales and buy some new products to try! I suggest going through the beauty reviews first to see what fits your needs before the sale starts! This sale is also a perfect time to stock up on a new blow dryer, facial massager or higher priced beauty products you’ve been wanting to try!
Items I expect will be back this year…
- These faux leather leggings were a big best seller last year. They aren’t too shiny, and they suck you in! Perfect for fall paired with a chunky sweater! I’m planning on getting a new pair for after baby sister arrives!
This cardigan is one of my favorites ever! I have it in 2 colors already and I’m planning on getting more if they restock (which I’m sure they will!)
- Beauty Blenders are also something I buy every year. Once a year is a good time to replace them.
- My favorite lotion is always on sale too! This stuff is worth its weight in gold.
Nordstrom Exclusive Brands that sell out FAST…
Nordstrom owns some brands that are exclusive to their shop! This means that they are relatively inexpensive and they always sell out first because they are marked down so low!! Be sure to shop these NOW and start stocking your cart full of your favorite pieces!
BP. is one of my favorite brands for basic, inexpensive pieces. They have great sweaters, simple tees, shoes and bags and you can pretty much bet everything will be on sale, so make sure to start adding stuff to your cart now as you find things you love!
1901 is a little bit more grown up with a mix of heritage pieces with american preppy vibes. These are good staple pieces in your wardrobe so make sure the look through their catalog before the sale starts!
Leith has a mixture of feminine and edgy pieces perfect for cleaning up your wardrobe for work! I love their easy dresses and cardigans for fall!
Treasure & Bond makes everyone’s favorite wedges and comfortable easy pieces that you’ll want to wear all weekend long! They also donate a portion of the sales from this line to different programs in communities that are making a difference!
Enter to win a $250 gift card to Nordstrom just by signing up to be on my email list!! Winner will be chosen Thursday by receiving an email with the gift card!!