I have learned a lot in my 29 years of life. Some good, some hard, but all beneficial! So today I wanted to share with yall 29 pieces of advice that helped shape me into the person I am today!
- If you want something, you have to fight for it. Nothing in life is handed to you for free.
- If you become successful, you may find that some people try to take it away from you. Those people aren’t your friends and not worth your time. #girlbye
- Stay humble. Appreciate what you have and remember that you were blessed with it all. Give your time and resources to the less fortunate.
- Sunscreen is actually your best friend.
- Don’t do anything that doesn’t bring you joy.
- Comparing yourself to someone else will only bring you down. Live your best life and nothing else should matter!
- Sometimes work is hard. But it’s worth the long hours and sleepless nights if it help you achieve your goals.
- Trash talking is lame. “What Susie says of Sally says more about Susie’s character than Sally’s.”
- Forgive others. It will do wonders for yourself.
- Never be afraid to ask for what you want. No one can read your mind.
- You can’t take care of others unless you take care of yourself first.
- Hindsight is 20/20. It’s important to learn from your past but also important to move on and focus on the future.
- You will be remembered for how you made others feel. So make them feel special.
- It’s better to be kind than right. Always take the high road.
- Social media fights will stay with you forever. Never say anything out of anger that you wouldn’t want the world to see.
- Don’t make excuses for your mistakes. Apologize when appropriate and move on.
- Truly believe in your heart that everything happens for a reason. You will sleep much better at night if you do.
- Learn to let go of things that are out of your control. It’s not worth wasting your time if you can’t change it.
- Grow your own vegetables. Nothing makes you feel more fulfilled than planting a seed, growing your food, and sharing a meal with friends.
- Choose your company wisely. These people will help mold you into the person you will become.
- Know your worth. Don’t fight for something (or someone) that is bad for you.
- Save. Money. When. You’re. Young. Trust me, I know it’s not fun. But living off of 80% (or less) of your income is the best thing you can do for your future.
- Call your grandparents every chance you get. One phone call will make their entire week and isn’t that just an amazing feeling? Don’t forget to ask them to tell you stories about their childhood!
- Work hard, and play hard! What is success if you can’t enjoy it a little bit.
- If you’re playing a little TOO hard, call an uber. No one deserves to die because you didn’t want to spend $8 on a safe ride home.
- Respect your parents. You don’t understand the sacrifices your parents made for you until you are a parent yourself… But those people gave you LIFE, you can give them a phone call.
- Negativity is poisonous. Believe in yourself and in the good of others and strive to find something positive in every negative situation.
- Serve the Lord by serving others. Help other people every chance you get and do good even when nobody’s watching.
- Start chasing your dreams when you’re young. You don’t want to get to the end of your life and wish you had taking that trip to Europe with your best friends, or wish you would have spent more time with family and less time at work. Understand that you only have 1 life to live, so make it AMAZING.
TinaFebruary 5, 2018 at 10:31 am
This post made me cry! I see such a happy spirit in you! Congrats with all of your success, and your insight to lift others on their respective journies 🙂
mrslaurenstokesFebruary 5, 2018 at 1:03 pm
Thank you so much!! I’m so glad you liked the post!