Spring is just around the corner, y’all! And I don’t know about you, but I’m O-V-E-R this winter weather. It’s almost like the weather is teasing us right now! We get one warm-ish ay and then BAM…. cold again. It’s currently 67 degrees in Northwest Arkansas but it will be back down to 32 tomorrow! How crazy is that?? In order to beat the winter blues and help me prepare for spring weather I put together a list of 5 things you needs to be doing right NOW to get ready for the warmer temps that are heading our way!
- Clean out your closet! Sure, keep around those Hunter boots and heavy jackets just in case! But now is the perfect time to clean out those fall colors and start adding spring pieces into your wardrobe! Trust me on this one… You don’t want it to all of a sudden be warm and you’re stuck having to buy a whole new wardrobe! Start now by adding a few new spring pieces you love and by time spring break gets here, you’ll have a wardrobe that could make anyone green with envy! I love pastels for spring, so you’ll see me wearing my bright dresses and fun earrings (like in the pics above!) but I’m also loving the Lauren James Spring 1 collection! It’s full of bright pastel colors that are all perfect transition pieces! (check out this Look Book for some warm weather inspo from our trip to Charleston!)
- Buy yourself some fresh flowers! There is nothing better than the smell of fresh flowers! I used to keep them in the house at ALL times but I’ve been slacking lately and it seriously makes a difference! I love going to the farmers market in the spring and summer with my family and picking up some flowers from local vendors but during these colder months I like to grab some at Whole Foods when I’m doing our weekly grocery shopping! I’ve also gotten REALLY into gardening… I’m sure you’ll see more of that very soon on the blog! I focus on fruits and vegetables but I also grow some of my favorite flowers so I don’t have to spend the money buying them from someone else each week! I have the most gorgeous blue hydrangeas, pink peonies, white tea roses and last year I added some buy iris’s that I transplanted from my late grandfather’s garden. Every time I see them I remember him!
- Treat yo self! Girlfriend get yourself a mani/pedi in a fun bright color to get your nails ready for the sun!! Nothing makes me feel more beach-ready than a fresh pedicure! (Personally, I am SUPER ticklish and I don’t get too many pedicures so this is definitely a treat for me!) I also like to pick up a new bottle of self tanner (this one is my all time favorite because the it only takes 3 hours for the color to develop!)
- Update your decor! Get those winter and holiday decorations OUT OF SIGHT. Look, I LOVE Christmas and the holidays in general but it’s almost March! No more straggling pink cones laying around… it’s time to do some spring cleaning and revamp your place! Get a new brightly colored wreath for the front door, add some faux flowers to the mantel, and change out those red holiday pillows for something you might see in a Key West bungalow! I also like to have 2 sets of bedding for our master bedroom as well! I have a warm and cozy set for winter and a crisp breathable set for spring! So throw on that new bedding girlfriend! It’s almost spring!
- Ramp up your workout! This isn’t a fun one, I know! But it’s time to get those holiday lbs gone for good and get into bikini shape! Swimsuit season will be here before you know it and I know I’m not the only one who always wishes they had started working out a bit sooner. Pick a new fun playlist on Spotify (Lauren James has a great workout playlist on there!) and get moving! Here is my favorite online store to get swimwear! They have so much cute stuff right now so stock up to help yourself stay motivated!
Shop My Look: