Typically I would do a “24 week” update but seeing as I’m now 26 weeks and just now getting around to this post, lets just call it a 6 Month Bumpdate! I swear… I haven’t even had this baby yet and I’m already so behind!
So as usual, I want to be as open and honest and update yall on what’s going on with me this month BUT I also need some major help!!! I’M 6 MONTHS PREGNANT AND HAVEN’T DONE A DANG THING TO GET READY FOR THIS BABY. Yall… I’m serious, I’ve purchased like 3 outfits and a FEW hair bows… That’s it. No nursery, no “gear” none of that is done! I think since this is my third child I’m a bit more relaxed on how much stuff I think she’ll need but I do need to get the essentials so I need your help! Comment below or comment on my Instagram post about what products you swear by these days! I feel like I’m so out of the loop!
So lets jump in to the bumpdate first and then I’ll let yall know what products have been suggested to me so far and you can let me know if there is anything better out there! Here are the question I’ve been getting most from yall!
HOW FAR ALONG: 26 weeks! Baby is the size of a bunch of Kale [14 inches and 1.7 pounds].
DUE DATE: September 21st.
WEIGHT GAIN: About 15 pounds so far.
NAME: We will be sharing her name once she arrives! But you know it will be an “L” name! Any guesses? That could be a fun giveaway… guess the right name to win something fun! haha I will tell you that her initials are LKS just like mine!
CRAVINGS: Nope… still nothin. I mean, lets get real.. pizza is awesome and ice cream is the bomb and DUH I want chips and queso like every day but I consider that pretty normal because those things are awesome! And if you aren’t craving those things you are just crazy… preggo or not! 🙂 BUT I will say I’ve been giving in to my cravings more. I justify ice cream a couple times a week since I’m not drinking wine, so if I’ve had a stressful day I unwind with any sort of chocolate candy ice cream or a reese’s shake from Sonic! But as for flavors, I’m only craving what I’ve always craved.. same pizza toppings, same toppings on burgers and hot dogs. Just giving into my cravings more!
Oh, I’m craving cocktails though…. Something about summertime on the patio or by the pool. A margarita would be NICE yall…. ugh. And champagne…. *crying* I miss champagne.
AVERSIONS: Again, nothing! Honestly I WISH I had aversions to things like cheese fries… or chocolate or extra large pepperoni and green pepper pizzas from Pizza hut…. (too specific?) But nope, everything is good. I did actually try a sip of my husband’s wine the other day to see if I still liked it (it was a tiny sip, yall. Calm down) and it tasted like straight vinegar to me! So I don’t know if that counts as an aversion or just my taste buds changing from not drinking in 6 months…. (wow that sounds like forever)
SYMPTOMS: Oh not much… just CRAZY back pain, heartburn, feeling full and hungry at the same time (which is annoying AF), tons of round ligament pain, trouble sleeping, peeing like crazy, cellulite on my thighs like CRAZY, and off the wall hormones that make me burst out crying or literally singing “you are my sunshine” out loud for an hour straight every day around 3pm….. but it’s fine, EVERYTHING IS FINE.
PHYSICAL CHANGES: My baby bump is massive! No other way to describe it. I mean, I do still have that pesky little tumor in there (which did stop growing after my first trimester… #blessed) so even though it’s only 10cm long I’m acting like that’s the root of all evil and making me look like I’m carrying multiples. But I think also, with each baby, your bump just gets bigger. I was about this same size when I gave birth to Lofton! OK OK he was only 5 lbs so maybe that’s why my bump was small… BUT that’s besides the point. I did get massive with Linden, I’m talking 200lbs and not an ounce of that was muscle. So I’m shooting for a happy medium with this one. Breakouts are still terrible but I did recently repurchase the ONLY THING THAT WORKS ON MY SKIN… The holy grail for anyone with slight breakouts or clogged pores, Sunday Riley UFO oil. I mean, seriously yall. It’s pricy so I didn’t reorder it after I SPILLED THE WHOLE BOTTLE about a year ago. I was too scarred from that experience. But finally I bit the bullet and got some more and it’s cleared my face right up with zero drying! GO BUY IT. No stretch marks at all YET. I skirted by with just a few on my sides with Linden but they are totally unnoticeable. I’m seriously just assuming they are going to be coming full force with this baby. I’m not sure why I feel like that, but I’m prepared. But I am still using this lotion from Palmers every night and so far, nothing!
EXERCISE: *rolling my eyes* look yall, I TRY to exercise a few times a week. I really do. But my body was just not made for crossfitting while pregnant. And I’m not knocking those women who do it… I WISH I WAS YOU. My body just doesn’t feel like it. I go to the gym a few times a week and walk for about 20 minutes at an incline and then lift weights. Lifting weights was very important to me before I got pregnant so I’m trying to keep it up a bit so I don’t lose everything I worked for. I like feeling strong and I think as a mom of 3, it would be in my best interest to have some muscle for when my 3 year old decides to screaming and lays down the ground at the gym pool refusing to leave…. It’s much easier to throw him over my shoulder and run for the door when I am strong. So yeah… trying to keep that up a bit.
MOST EXCITED ABOUT: I know I said this last time…. but considering I haven’t done a dang thing yet… I’M STILL SO EXCITED TO START HER NURSERY! I think we are going with a Palm Beach theme so I’m cloud 9 level excited.
LEAST EXCITED ABOUT: Labor itself scares me always…. I had a full on panic attach before having my last baby (and I was induced with full pain control) My doctor who is also a very good friend had to be like.. SNAP OUT OF IT, LAUREN! haha I think being a nurse might lend to that a little bit? Sometimes I think I know TOO much about what is going on… ignorance is bliss sometimes. But I’m praying to be able to have a vaginal delivery (sorry for saying vaginal) but with this tumor below my uterus there is a good chance I will have to have a C-section which also terrifies me. My doctor is going to check at 32 weeks and then 36 weeks via ultrasound to see if it’s necessary for a scheduled C-Section or if she think I can try to push and then possibly go into an emergency C-Section. Either way, I will probably be induced again to make sure she is in town just in case!
SKINCARE: Lots of questions on this as well.
- Morning and night I use this cleanser — I’ve tried a lot of cleansers and this one just seems to do the trick with getting all of my makeup off and cleaning my skin without leaving it dry or irritated.
- Mornings I use this sunscreen — You just can’t protect your face enough in the summer sun and this one is undetectable after you put it on your face… not greasy at all!
- Nigh I use this serum — Here’s the thing… (before anyone jumps on me for using acne treatments while pregnant) This is a salicylic acid facial oil. And yes, salicylic acid IS Aspirin which is contraindicated for oral consumption during pregnancy. HOWEVER. It’s not contraindicated to use an OTC topical treatment as needed when the amount of salicylic acid is so low. So if you are super strict about what you put on your skin, you can skip this. My doctor said it’s fine to use once a day as needed for when my skin starts breaking out.
- Morning and night I use this moisturizer — It’s an oldie but a goodie!
- Morning and night I use this cream for preventing stretch marks. I used this all throughout my pregnancy with Lofton and never got a stretch mark. So far, it’s prevented stretch marks this pregnancy as well. (I did get some stretch marks on my sides with Linden but I wasn’t applying the lotion on my sides, just my belly!)
- As for my tanning routine, I pretty much stick to St. Tropez mousse. I use this all over my body as well as my face. Make sure you get the mitt to apply it!
Products I’m loving:
- Moonlight Pajamas – It’s no secret that I love the pajamas! They are not maternity but they are SUPER stretchy and I am practically living in them right now! They button up the front so they are perfect for nursing after the baby comes as well! They come in a summer version too with shorts and short sleeves! I have the floral set right now but I’m buying this set next!
- Cosabella Nursing Bras – Like with my boys, I’m planning on nursing this baby at least for a few months, so I’m starting to stock up on nursing bras. This one is gorgeous and also comfortable. It’s perfect for days when you want to feel a little more put together. This nursing bralette is also SO cute under tanks!
- Medela Nursing Sleep Bra – These bras are great for sleeping (when you still need to keep those nursing pads in place) and for days you are just hanging around the house. I lived in these through my last 2 pregnancies so they are a must-have in my opinion!
- Ingrid & Isabel – I just love this brand for cute tops and dresses! This is one of my favorite comfy dresses, comes in so many colors and works throughout your entire pregnancy and it’s currently ON SALE. I also love this top! I ordered it for Easter but I’ve worn it so many times!
- Denim Shorts – I personally love my LJ denim shorts and they are stretchy enough to work under the bump until at least month 7 BUT they are all gone…. These shorts sold out FAST at our Pink Friday sale so make sure to snag the things you want pretty quick because stuff does sell out! If you don’t have an LJ pair, this pair is something you should stock up on for spring and summer! Maternity clothes aren’t always the easiest to find cute options, but these shorts are definitely win.
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter – The best for preventing stretch marks! I used all throughout my first two pregnancies and didn’t get a single stretch mark. As soon as I found out I was pregnant again, I started using it. I apply every night and after I shower.
- Snoogle Pillow – The best invention ever. Being pregnant makes it really difficult to get comfortable in bed. I’m a back sleeper and you aren’t supposed to sleep on your back while pregnant. With my last two pregnancies I would sometimes move around in my sleep because I wasn’t comfortable and wake up on my back anyways! This time around I’m doing things differently.. this pillow makes it comfy to sleep on your side so no need to worry about moving around in your sleep!
- DOCKATOT – These are all the rage right now! While they are a bit pricy, every single review says they are 100% worth the price!! We didn’t have one with the boys so I’m anxious to get my hands on one for baby sister! It’s perfect for lounging and making sure your baby is safe when not in your arms.
- Baby Bling Headband – I love these bows because they have a super comfy jersey headband attached and they are machine washable! I’ve already started stocking up on these adorable bows!
- Copper Pearl bibs and swaddles – The softest materials and I love the adorable bandana bibs! We loved these for the boys but it was fun to pick out new prints and colors for baby girl.
- Aden and Anais swaddles – always love the prints on these muslin blankets. So many great colors and patterns! Also love LOVE their bibs!
- The Ollie Swaddle – I’ve been eyeing this swaddle for a while and I’m anxious to get one for baby girl! It’s supposed to help with the transition from the womb and helps to reduce the Moro [startle] reflex in babies. So if your baby is having trouble staying asleep, this would be a great investment!
- Binxy Baby Shopping Cart Hammock – OK, when I’m grocery shopping these days I don’t have any space in my cart to waste! My boys are all big eaters and lets not even get started on my husband so I don’t have room to fit the whole carseat in the cart and take up 75% of the space! This hammock is so cool because attaches to the cart and provides a hammock for your baby to safely lay in while you shop! No wasted space!
- Rock N Play sleeper – This is a holy grail product, in my opinion! Lance and I ALWAYS buy this for new parents, even if they didn’t register for it because I don’t think people understand how useful it really is! It’s super lightweight and folds so you can easily travel with it or bring it with you when you go to a friends house or to the park. It has an auto rocking function (which we actually never used with the boys, it was clunky and they loved the Rock N Play just fine without it!)
Thanks so much for following along and letting me vent to yall! haha seriously though, yall are the best. DON’T FORGET, I want to know what products you love! I feel totally lost! Comment below or on my instagram post with your favorite brands and products!