Hair growth is something MOST of us think about. Unless you’re one of those crazy lucky people with literally too much hair (like my husband), in which case this post can still come in handy!
OK So I truly believe hair health starts from the inside! But once you get it to grow like a weed you need to protect it and make sure it doesn’t break off! So read on to find my favorite supplements and vitamins, as well as products to protect your beautiful hair you worked so hard for!
- A Multivitamin: A good is one of the most important things you can put into your body. I do believe we get A LOT of what we need through a decent, colorful diet. BUT there are a few elements that we need to supplement with a multi vitamin. There are A LOT on the market but to be honest, most of them have vitamins and minerals that we are already getting in our diet! The problem with that is those vitamins take up some valuable real estate in your body and prevent the things you actually NEED from being absorbed. That is why THIS MULTIVITAMIN is my holy grail. I also love that they not only explain every single ingredient, but also tell you where it’s from! You can’t get much more transparent than that! (PSSST… they also have a prenatal, mens multivitamin, AND vitamins for post-menopause)
- A Vitamin specifically for Hair Growth: I started taking these a few months ago and WHOA. The baby hairs are kind of insane! You can also get a discount if you sign up for auto ship which you totally should so you never miss a day!! I started taking these when my friend was experiencing extreme hair loss in her 20s and her doctor suggested them! (so you know it’s good!) They are a bit pricy but I think they are totally worth it!
- A Liquid Collagen: This has been dubbed “liquid gold” by some of the best beauty bloggers in the industry! Unlike powdered collagen, the molecules in this liquid collagen are so tiny and you body absorbs 20x more than your standard powdered collagen peptides! This one also has a long list of superfoods and has multiple patents so you know it’s legit! I have personally seen insane hair growth using this collagen consistently! **You can save $10 on your first order with the code 1829606**
- This water bottle: I know I know… a water bottle?? But listen… your entire body requires adequate WATER to thrive and your hair is one of the last on the totem pole as far as your body is concerned. Your vital organs and muscles are definitely the first to get hydrated so if you’re dehydrated, your hair (and skin) are the first to feel the negative effects! I love this huge water bottle because it helps me remember when to stay hydrated!
- A fortifying shampoo/conditioner: I linked to the entire lineup of products from this brand HERE because I am truly obsessed with everything they make! The Shampoo, Conditioner, Bond Strengthening Mask, and especially the Intensive Treatment System (limited edition so get it quick!)
- A strengthening deep conditioner: I love this hair mask/deep conditioner for times when my hair is really in need of some love! I try to sleep in it once a week wrapped up in a towel like this one so it stays put all night! I notice my hair growth is maximized when my hair is hydrated and healthy!
- A good heat protectant: ONE MORE TIME FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK. Y’all, you need to be applying multiple layers of heat protectant in my opinion. I always spray this one after I shower and then also use this styling foam with an added heat protectant in it! While styling, I use this styling spray for an extra layer of protection from the hot irons. And then when I’m done styling I use this for some added UV protection!
- A high quality blow dryer: I learned this (the hard way) a few years ago from a local stylist and salon owner. You need to replace your blow drier every few years and be sure to get a high quality blow drier or you will literally FRY your hair.
- Hair ties that won’t break your hair: I heard so much about these that I just HAD to try them for myself and I have seen so much less breakage over the past few months! Speaking of silk, you should also be sleeping on a silk pillowcase! I get mine from Walmart and I love them! I also love to use these big clips to put my hair up when I’m at home so I get ZERO damage!
- A good dry shampoo: I have thin blonde hair and if I didn’t use a dry shampoo I would have to wash, dry, and style it every single day! There is no way that is good for your hair. I like to brush out my hair and distribute the natural oils before spraying my hair with dry shampoo AT NIGHT and clipping it up so it has time to soak up ALL of the oil while I sleep and then I hit my roots with a blow drier for about 10 seconds in the morning and it looks like it’s freshly washed! This one is also a great drug store option! I keep a few on hand just in case!